The Pandemic Changes Historic Current Quondam Chuseok Traditions

Elderly cinema Chuseok greetings videos for their children


Website offering online Chuseok memorial services

Nursing habitation amongst non-contact coming together facilities

Elderly beingness aided to facetime amongst daughter

Article: "Don't come" grandmas say, "but it'd nevertheless hold upward proficient to consider you lot amongst masks on"

Source: Joongang Ilbo via Naver

1. [+1,820, -162] I want nosotros didn't select to struggle over who has to catch the in-laws in addition to but buy the farm along it then that everyone visits their private families. Isn't it to a greater extent than of import to consider the parents who gave nascency to you lot than to become pay respects to ancestors who aren't fifty-fifty related to you? Wouldn't those ancestors desire to consider their ain offspring? Not but about stranger's kids?

2. [+899, -23] I sympathise going to pay respects to ancestors similar great-grandparents, but the elders should refrain from upholding excessive traditions similar offering nutrient to ancestors then far upward that no i has fifty-fifty met them.

3. [+662, -41] This is bittersweet ã…  peculiarly for the elderly who don't select much fourth dimension left..

4. [+599, -52] I wouldn't blame this on the virus. I intend the virus is but bringing out the realities of the tradition in addition to how people genuinely experience nearly the holiday. I know that a lot of people are going on opor-garai inward lieu of visiting identify unit of measurement this year...

5. [+463, -66] I heard Jeju Island is amount of people vacationing correct immediately spell using the virus equally an excuse to non consider their family... It's incorrect to justify non seeing your identify unit of measurement yesteryear using the virus equally an excuse.

6. [+318, -12] This is the lawsuit of the Chuseok traditions that need then much project from women. It'd hold upward amend if all the project was kept to i twenty-four hours then that the residual of the opor-garai could hold upward enjoyed equally a interruption but women are constantly beingness demanded to cook, ready tables, in addition to catch relatives they don't fifty-fifty know amongst presents out of obligation...

7. [+186, -3] I intend people are but ill in addition to tired of the tradition of offering nutrient for ancestors. It'd hold upward then much easier if nosotros could catch relatives without the describe per unit of measurement area of such traditions on us. In our age, it's but such a costly hassle to select to become construct clean upward grave sites for our ancestors. It's i of the things that makes it hard to consider our relatives amongst grin faces.

8. [+186, -6] I'm good... whenever I vist, all I'm expected to exercise is exercise the dishes, I never gibe inward amongst my in-law's families, I larn blamed for all of my husband's shortcomings (how am I supposed to brand him quit smoking when he's been smoking since middle school), I larn compared to my sister-in-law in addition to her might to sort upward her hubby (when she basically nags him to death)...

-

No comments for "The Pandemic Changes Historic Current Quondam Chuseok Traditions"